What is a Chalet?
The chalet hasn't got permanent staff and therefore it offers you the unique opportunity that neither the host, nor a foreign tourist group can disturb you and your family's peace. Our Chalet is built on a separate plot. As standard equipment it has a kitchen (with cooking/baking facilities!), hot- and cold water showers, toilets, dining- and living-room and bedrooms. Pots, plates, cutlery, blankets and bed linen are provided. The wood is cut and prepared for our guests. Accommodations are prepared for the arrival of the guests. After departure the caretaker performs every kind of cleaning duties!
The three buildings (main building + 2 cottages) were built to accommodate 8 + (2) people. As they are chalets, the whole yard (1200 m2) and the buildings on it can be booked by a single group. (If the main building is booked by a smaller group then the cottages will remain empty.)
In the main building, on the ground floor there is a living room (LCD TV + WIFI Internet), dining room, a fully equipped kitchen (including dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee maker), a bathroom (includes bathtub, sink and hair dryer) and the restroom (includes flush toilets and a sink).
In case of larger groups there is a pull-out round sofa in the living room which is comfortable for two people.
Upstairs there are two rooms. (Equipped with LCD TV) In one of the rooms there are two single beds. In the other room there is a double bed. Here you can also claim an additional mattress bed. This room has a restroom. (Includes a flush toilet and a sink)
In the main building we can accommodate up to four people (+ two people on mattress beds).
The building was built of wood, it has original wooden shingle roofing and it is winterized. Cooking in the kitchen is with gas cylinder. Heating is with wood in tile stoves and cast iron stoves or radiators which operate with electrical power. Electric boiler provides hot water to the showers in the bathrooms. The main building has two separate restrooms and a shower. The network water is suitable for human consumption!
Pots, plates, cutlery, blankets and bed linen are provided.
Lighting comes from power cables (220 volts). In the living room there is a satellite receiver, (with more than 50 channels!) an LCD TV and a CD player.
During your stay you can keep your values in the mini safe from the living room.
On a common yard, twenty meters away from the main building there are two winterized cottages each being equipped with a double bed. In these two cottages four additional people can be accommodated. Both cottages have bathrooms. (They include: flush toilet, bathtub, washbasin, electric boiler!)
An oil-filled radiator with thermostat provides the heating of the cottage. (For security reasons there is also a cast iron stove at your disposal but as the winterization of the cottages is more than adequate, it never really gets used!) The infrared panels, that are mounted on the ceiling, are responsible for the warmth in the bathroom.
The cottages are very popular among our guests: It has happened on several occasions that our guests couldn't decide who should be the lucky pair who can stay in the cottage, so they put an end to the debate by drawing lots!
Note: The two cottages are identical in every respect!
Note: The premises of Nagy Lak I. can be heated separately, too! When choosing the suitable accommodation, a very important criterion is the possibility of providing warmth continuously!
Main features of the accommodation:
Yard: 1200 m2 (On common courtyard with the two cottages!)
The guest house's rating: 2 daisies (2 stars)
Name of the accommodation: Guest house operating as Chalet
House square meters: 7 X 7 m
Number of floors: 1
Number of rooms: 2
Total capacity: 4 + (2)
Rooms / bed (or capacity) (2) //2 / 2
Bathroom I: bathtub + sink
Bathroom II: flush toilet + sink
Bathroom III: flush toilet + sink
Rating of the cottages: 2 daisies (2 stars)
Name of the accommodation: Cottage operating as chalet
Number of cottages: 2 pc
Parameters of a cottage: 5 m X 3,5 m
Number of floors: Ground floor
Number of rooms: 1 pc in every cottage
Total capacity: 2 people in each cottage
Bathrooms in a cottage: 1 pc (bathtub + flush toilet + washbasin)
Guest house policy
- On the day of your arrival it is required to fill in the check-in form (standard form of tourist authority)!
- The accommodation is occupied in a state of cleanliness.
- It is prohibited to use open fire in the room as the guest houses are built entirely of wood!
- Never ignite the stove by transporting the embers of a stove in another, as it can cause fire hazard! (Many times the embers fall and leave traces on the wooden floor!)
- The use of liquid solutions that help light the fire in the stove: oil, petroleum or gasoline are prohibited because they can cause explosions! (If embers remained from the previous fire and upon this we pour liquid solutions that help light the fire, it produces gas that can explode and can cause burns and massive damage). We ensure paper, kindling wood and firewood for fire ignition!
- The ash that remained from the fire is collected in the tin bucket. It is forbidden to pour the ash in the trash, because it can catch fire!
- Do not use the tiled stove to dry clothes! Forgotten laundry on the stove can ignite or melt.
- You can smoke in the yard. Please throw the cigarette butts into the ceramic ashtrays!
- For your safety, please close the gas cylinders after using them!
- Do not cover electric radiators as they may become too hot, therefore the resistance in them will burn out! For the drying of washed laundry we provide clothes dryer line and clothes drying rack!
- During the day, in case of leaving the guest house, please close the windows. In case of storms, the inflow of water through the open window will cause the strip floor to get wet and it will get damaged! If the windows remain open after your departure, then we reserve the right to close them in your absence!
- We accept pets at the guest house. Only those pets are allowed to enter the building, which are house-trained, and that don't chew, scratch or scrape the furniture. Please do not leave pets unattended in the house. It is prohibited to leave pets at home alone. In such cases - wanting to get out from the room - even the gentlest puppy can cause big damage to the door!
- We ask our guests, who like animals to feed stray dogs and cats outside the fence! For the same reason, please keep the entrance gate shut!
- The tap water is drinkable (it is verified by authorities). The water from the well may be used to cool drinks, to wash hands, irrigation etc. but it is unfit for human consumption.
- You can find sponges and carpets for the benches and chairs in the yard in the building located near the guesthouse. You will also find blankets that you can put on the green grass. Please do not use the bedspreads and blankets from the guest house, outside the building!
- Please keep quiet! It is not acceptable to use any kind of music installation in the courtyard. It is allowed to sing or play on musical instruments (e.g. violin, guitar, harmonica, etc.).
- We are always grateful if you draw our attention to any irregularities (e.g. dripping tap, squeaky door or door, that doesn't shut, etc.).
- Please keep your accommodation and furniture in their original condition!
- Damage caused to the accommodation must be resolved on the spot. We don't claim compensation if objects go wrong or break because of their use. In this case, please let us know so we can fix them quickly.
- We reserve the right to select our guests!
Thank you very much for your kind attention and understanding!
Enjoy your stay!
Distances in meters:
Asphalt road 150 m
Riding centre 9000 m
Ski slope 21000 m
Gas station 4000 m
Grocery store 2000 m
Restaurant 2000 m